We are always interested in hearing new music so please do send us a demo. But please read on before doing so…
Due to the vast amount of music that we are sent, we cannot reply to every demo received individually. That said, rest assured that we do definitely listen to everything we receive. If however we do not get in touch with you, this does not necessarily mean that we do not like your music. Please only send music to us on CD.
Please do not send a demo to us before reading the information below:
- Make sure the best three tracks are at the start of the demo.
- Write your name and contact details clearly on the actual CD.
- Have a listen to the releases on our label and get an idea of the different styles of music we release.
- Write a brief description of the tracks so we can get an idea of the style to expect before listening.
- Ideally get an e-mail address for relatively quicker feedback. It is easier for us to respond by email.
- It is not really worth sending big packages with photos and pages of biographys and CVs. We would prefer a simple one page cover letter and a CD.
- If you are interested in sending us your music then we’d like you to become a Tru Thoughts Member so we can keep you informed of upcoming events and releases.
Common demo-related questions
Why do you not reply to each demo individually?
As an independent label we have a lot of work to do each day as we have a number of artists already signed to the label, so a lot of time each week is spent working on their music. Unfortunately as a lot of people copy our music and don’t buy it we are in a position where we cannot afford to have a huge amount of staff to allow the A&R position to be a full time job. We get on average 2-5 demos per day which works out to about 70-100 songs a week to listen to, and every demo is listened to, but replying to each demo individually offering feedback would add a considerable amount of hours of work each week.
Why do you not listen to demos via website links or myspace?
For the reasons above.
How can I confirm if Tru Thoughts have received the demo?
If you are concerned about this we advise you to send the demo “recorded delivery” so you can check with the postal service in your area if the demo has been delivered.
Can you suggest any other record labels similar to Tru Thoughts where I can send my demo?
Our advise would be if you make Pop Rock you may be wasting your time sending your demos to a Hip Hop label. Try and send your music to labels that you feel will genuinely have a connection with the music you make
How can I get a Tru Thoughts artist on my demo?
The artists get a lot of requests and if you are serious about working with a Tru Thoughts artist we suggest you get in touch with them via their own websites or managers.
We look forward to receiving your demos and wish you the best with your music and appreciate that you like Tru Thoughts enough to want to send your music to us to consider.
Please send all demos to:
A&R / Demos
Tru Thoughts A&R
PO Box 2818
Brighton East Sussex
BN1 4RL UK